PLEASE NOTE THIS IS BB 31st DECEMBER 2021
(The kit is perfectly safe to use after this date as it is simply the botanicals that may start to lose some of their flavour after this date)
Your own bespoke gin infusion in less than 24 hours!
This fabulous gin making kit contains everything you need to transform a humble clear spirit into 3 bottles of your own home produced gin.
The kit contains 1 Italian glass bottle, a bottle label, filter papers, funnel, 3 botanical mix sachets which include juniper berries, gin toppers (juniper, rose, hibicus flowers, star anise)
Supplied in a beautiful printed tube box making these kits perfect for gifting.
The kit does not contain any alcohol. It is recommended that a ordinary, unflavoured vodka is used. A 75cl standard own brand supermarket option is ideal for each bottle as these tend to be relatively cheap and very neutral in flavour.
How Do the Kits Work?
All gin starts life as a clear distilled spirit into which botanicals are infused with the dominant flavour being juniper. The Gin Maker's kit allow you to infuse the botanicals supplied into vodka to create a compound gin. A compound gin, unlike most commercially available gin, is not then distilled to refine its clarity. These kits allow you to do this is less than 24 hours.
What Are Botanicals?
The overriding flavour that unites all gin is the taste of juniper. Botanicals are the flavouring ingredients used in combination to compliment the juniper flavour and give it its distinctive taste. The exact mix of botanicals varies from gin to gin. Gins can be herbal with bolder flavours, floral with more delicate notes or spicy with a peppery kick.
1. Add one sachet of the pre-mixed botanicals supplied into the bottle.
2. Pour in the vodka to fill the bottle to the base of the neck.
3. Infuse for 20 hours, then have a taste. If it needs longer leave the infusion for a maximum of 4 more hours.
4. When you are happy with the flavour it is important to stop the process and remove the botanicals by filtering or straining through a sieve.
5. Decant your gin into the bottle provided.
6. Apply your own label to the bottle.
7. Our a glass of your very own home-made gin and preferred mixer.
8. Add a light sprinkle of the gin toppers into your glass to further enhance the flavour and aroma of your gin.
When tasting it is best to mix up a small amount of the gin with a neutral tonic which allows you to get a better sense of the range of flavours than tasting it neat. The gin will take some of the colour form the botanicals so it is normal for the gin to turn a golden yellow.
Best Before Date: 31st December 2021